Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I GOT LIFE

Came home from rehearsal tonight, unwrapped my foot, loved on my dogs, poured a glass of wind and retired to my room. I sat in front of my computer, lit a cig, sipped some wine and asked myself, "What is important to me right now? What matters to me?"

In a blog I shared a poem that I wrote many years ago and I wanted to share it with my tribe. Some may think that it is silly but I don't. I felt that it was appropriate at the time when I sent it out to you.

This last year has been rough for me. I lost my brother in August of 2007, my precious mother in January or 2008, my great nephew in August 2008. They are gone but their memories are not forgotten.

So then I was reminded that this process with "Hair" will be a new memory for me. Each time with "Hair" has had a different learning experience for me. I have done many shows but this one is very special to me.

So as I sip more wine and drag on my cig I understand that at the momemt I am doing fine. My life is wonderful. I have many things to be thankful for.

We should pause each day in our hectic lives and think about all the good things we have.

T